Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sheltering Sympathy for Sunday Stamps


Happy Sunday! I hope the weather where you are is nice than it is here.  It is a cold, wet, blustery weekend here in Southern Ontario!  Perfect weather for comfort food and stamping :)

Today marks the beginning of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  Check it out:



Now, I'll admit, this one is a tough one! It took me a while and some playing with colour combinations and images to come up with my project for the Design Team:


Sympathy card featuring the Sheltering Tree stamp set
I'm actually fairly happy with the way this one turned out. I really like the serene neutral pallette, which is perfect for a sympathy card.  I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp the tree from the Sheltering Tree set on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I matted the stamped layer with Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake card stock and then adhered it to another piece of Smoky Slate card stock that I had embossed using the Woodland TIEF. The card is built on a Crumb Cake card base.

I brought in the lightest shade in the challenge with some 7/16" Natural Trim (retired) and a couple of leaves from the Into The Wood Elements. I like the texture they add while also adding the lighter neutral shade.

Inside view with sentiment from Petite Pairs
On the inside I stamped the tree again in Crumb Cake ink and then added a sentiment from the Petite Pairs set in Smoky Slate ink.

If you are looking for a way to stretch your creativity, be sure to give this challenge a try.  Check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give it a go.  We'd love to see your work!

Here are the products used to create this project:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

  1. hello Leena! I am so very excited to be joining you gals at Sunday Stamps...YAY! fabulous card, the tree is adorable, luv the wooden leaves too!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a greate sympathy card, Leena! Love the addition of the wood elements. Nice job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette...I find sympathy cards so hard to make!

      Delete
  3. WOW! The time taken was worth the beautiful end result! Beautiful card Leena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you...it is so hard to make sympathy cards, don't you think?

      Delete
  5. lovely! your placement of the wood leaves is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...