Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Silent Snowy Night

Happy December!  The countdown is on...just 24 days till Christmas!  Have you got your Christmas cards done yet??  Today I have some more inspiration for you.  This is one I designed for my team to create at our meeting last month...

Christmas card featuring the Wonderland and Kinda Eclectic stamp set and Sleigh Ride Edgelits.
Of all of the cards I have made using the Sleigh Ride Edgelits, I think this one is my favourite. I love the quiet serenity of it.  Just like a silent winter's night. To create the background I inked a piece of Whisper White card stock with Night of Navy ink and then, very lightly, with Black Berry Bliss ink. I love the hint of purple the Blackberry Bliss provides. Then I spritzed the entire sponged panel with my trusty Stampin' Mist to get the snowy effect. I also stamped the starburst image from the Kinda Eclectic set using Stampin' Mist as well.  I love the effect behind the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer star.

I used the the Sleigh Ride Edgelits with Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to cut the bottom section and layered it over top of my sponged and spritzed background. I layered that on a piece of Night of Navy card stock before mounting it on a thick Whisper White card stock base. The sentiment, from the Wonderland stamp set, is heat embossed in silver on vellum. The only embellishment is a bit of silver cording trim.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Six Sayings host set in Night of Navy ink. Clean and simple and so pretty!  This is one that is quick and easy to make but sure is pretty and oh, so sparkly!

Here are all of the products I used to create this card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Love this, can you explain what you mean ,stamped the starburst with the stampin mist!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I used the Stampin' Mist ghosting technique to stamp the starburst. I simply spritzed the stamp with Stampin' Mist and then stamped it on my sponged card stock panel, leaving it on the card stock 5-6 seconds before removing the stamp to allow the mist to soak into the card stock a little. When you remove the stamp the ghost of the image will appear and become clearer as the mist dries. There are two tutorial videos on my Video Tutorials page that show this technique in action. Be sure to check them out...it is a really fun (and easy!) technique :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...