Friday, March 3, 2017

Dreaming of the Ocean

I don't know about you, but I am soooo ready for warm weather and the sand between my toes! I've had enough of dreary winter weather, thank you. Bring on the beach!
Today's card will get you in the mood for beach weather too! It features the High Tide stamp set from the Occasions Catalogue...

I wanted to come up with a masculine design for my upcoming card buffet and this stamp set fit the bill perfectly (although I'd be happy to recieve this beachy card too!). I began with a Chocolate Chip card stock base and layered it with a piece of Tasty Treats Specialty DSP. I love stripes for a nautical feel. The beach scene is created using various images from the High Tide stamp set. I stamped the lighthouse using Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip ink. The sand is stamped in Sahara Sand, the water in Dapper Denim and the birds in Chocolate Chip. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink as well and die-cut it using the Stitched Shapes framelits. I matted both stamped panels using Dapper Denim card stock.

I added some Cherry Cobbler Baker's twine and an Urban Underground star embellishment, which I thought worked perfectly for a nautical theme.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I created another seaside theme. The sentiment is from the Guy Greetings stamp set. I have to admit I like the inside of this one almost as much as I like the front! Can you believe this is the first time I inked up my High Tide stamp set?? It most certainly won't be the last...I am loving it!

Have a fabulous weekend...I have a visit with my BFF planned...can't wait!!



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...