Monday, October 29, 2018

Glad to be Home

What a crazy couple of weeks I have had! Two weeks ago, my dad had "routine" knee replacement surgery that almost killed him. He suffered Atypical Malignant Hyperthermia which prevented him from waking after the surgery, sent his body temperature soaring and caused stroke-like symptoms. I rushed to North Bay (about 4 hours north of where I live) to be with my mom and was there until just this past weekend. Dad spent 7 days in ICU followed by several more days in the surgical ward before being cleared to head home. We had some very scary moments in that time, but I am thrilled to say he is home and doing great!



Just like him, I am very glad to be back home and to my regular routine. There are lots of pieces to pick up that got dropped while I was away...not the least of which is my Stampin' Up!® business! I had to cancel my Fall Fling Retreat weekend, which was very disappointing for all, but I was where I needed to be to support my family. I've also neglected this blog and my social media accounts and will be making up for lost time this week!
The last time I posted was a cute Halloween card that I created using the Making Every Day Bright stamp set. I had planned to feature it in my Tuesday Live @ Five video the day of dad's surgery. I never got to do that video, so I am picking up where I left off and featuring that project, as well as today's cutie, in tomorrow's live video on my Facebook page. Check out this adorable Christmas card...


Are those penguins not just the cutest?? I made this as an off-centre gatefold. Here is a look at the inside...

Both of the sentiments on this card are from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set. I stamped both the sentiments and the penguins in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured the little toques using the Balmy Blue Stampin' Write maker. The card base is cut from Balmy Blue card stock, which, ironically is a great icy blue for winter-themed cards! Now, can you guess where the DSP on the left front panel came from? Here's a hint...it's in the Annual Catalogue. If you guessed Tranquil Textures, you're right! I knew way back in June when I first saw that pattern it would be perfect for winter cards! I used the Softly Falling TIEF for the panel on the front right panel.
I will give all of the measurements for this project in tomorrow's video. If you miss it live it will also be posted on my YouTube channel this weekend. You'll find a link to it on the Video Tutorials tab above.

Thanks for stopping by this week...it's so good to be back!



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

1 comment:

  1. I’ve missed you but yes, you were where you needed to be. Glad your dad is doing better. That must have been so scary! Love the penguins and snowy card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...