Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Harvest of Thanks

Happy Tuesday! I'm a day late posting this week because of our Thanksgiving long weekend yesterday. We had a great time with family enjoying turkey and all the trimmings as well as visiting our local fall fair. Although the weather was dreary, it was anything but around our house.  Today also marks my husband's and my 14th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already, though when I look in the mirror I sure do look that much older ;) I am so very thankful for the many, many blessings we receive each and every day. We truly are blessed beyond measure.

In the spirit of fall and the season of thanks, I have a pretty card to share with you today...


Don't you just love the rich colours of fall? I was inspired by the beauty all around me when I created this one! It features this week's Product of the Week: the Falling For Leaves bundle. I soooo love the images and sentiments in the stamp set and the dies are...well...to DIE FOR! (sorry(;)


I especially love the ghosted images of the detailed leaf in the colourful background. I'll be demonstrating the how-to for this technique this afternoon in my Tuesday Live @ Five video over on my Facebook Page. If you're reading this after the fact, you can check out the video on my YouTube channel. I won't take the time to go into detail here, but let me just say, it is an easy technique to do and doesn't require any special tools. The Early Espresso background is embossed using the Pinewood Planks TIEF (still a favourite of mine!) I die cut two of the leaves from the Detailed Leaves thinlits from copper foil...so yummy!


The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink on a 3/4" wide strip of Whisper White card stock which I then trimmed using my Everyday Label punch. I love using that punch to create labels of all sizes. I added a little Braided Linen bow and a few copper sequins for some sparkle.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the detailed leaf image in Crushed Curry (stamped off once) and another sentiment from the Falling for Leaves set in Early Espresso ink.

I hope you'll join me live at 5:00 pm ET today for my weekly Facebook Live, but if you can't be sure to look for the video later this week on my YouTube channel.

Thanks for stopping by today...have a great week!


Product List
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad
[131173]
$8.50
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...