Monday, April 1, 2019

Impressions of Spring

Happy Monday...and happy April! We sure had one heck of an April Fool's trick played on us by Mother Nature here...we woke up to 4" of fresh snow on the ground! It was a beautiful winter wonderland...except it's not winter! Enough with the snow already!

Now, today marks the launch of the fabulous new Storage by Stampin' Up! line...and this is no joke! I am SOOOO excited about these new storage options!

Storage by Stampin’ Up! is designed to store and showcase your Stampin’ Pads, Stampin’ Ink Refills, Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Write Markers, Watercolor Pencils, and other accessories. Here are some other features and benefits of Storage by Stampin’ Up!:
  • Keeps products organized, tidy, visible, and trackable at all times.
  • Ensures that your Stampin’ Pads, Stampin’ Write Markers, and Stampin’ Blends are all stored horizontally, as recommended.
  • Designed to be stylish, durable, compact, stackable, and modular.
  • Blends in naturally with most home decor with its white neutral colour.
  • Stacks vertically and can be arranged to fit practically any flat workspace.
  • Easily assembled and disassembled for rearrangement and/or cleaning.

Now, I've always been pretty happy with my storage systems, but I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this new line. I have already been planning how I want to rearrange things to work in this new system. Organizing makes my heart soooo happy! Check out this fun video that gives a sneak peek of some of the possibilities...


To help you with planning your space and the number of each unit you might need, here is a helpful configuration chart. Click on the image to view and print a copy for yourself.

To learn more about this awesome new line and to get started on your collection, visit my website.

Now...on to today's project! All this wintry weather has me longing for spring colour and flowers, so I decided to focus on the Abstract Impressions stamp set and Springtime Impressions Thinlits this week. These beauties from the Annual Catalogue didn't get enough love from me last summer when they first came out, so I pulled them out this weekend and came up with this cheery card...


Now, I am a huge fan of Impressionist art...I have Monet prints all over my house...so this stamp set really speaks to me. The images are so fun and easy to stamp and layer because they are imperfect. That means there really is no wrong way to stamp them! Gotta love that! This set is perfect for newer stampers who maybe haven't quite mastered their technique yet...it looks good no matter what!


I used Soft Sea Foam, Pear Pizzazz, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape as my colour palette. The flowers are stamped off once in Highland Heather and then the highlights are added full strength. I added a touch of Gingham Gala DSP and half a Pearlized Doily, along with some Old Olive linen thread.


On the inside I added a Whisper White panel and stamped another garden of pretty flowers.

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others in my Tuesday Live @ Five video tomorrow over on my Facebook page. I hope you'll join me, but if you can't, you'll find the video later in the week on the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page.

Thanks for stopping by...have a great week!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...