Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Trimming the Town Fun Fold

 Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. Here we have had a string of absolutely GORGEOUS summer-like days. Sunshine and mild temperature are SO special in November. I'm back to wearing my sandals to work! Although it seems odd to be working on Christmas cards with warm temperatures like these, that is exactly what I have been doing. I turned my attention this week to the Trimming the Town suite...

easel aperture card


One of the things I love about this suite is the DSP pack. It has so many fun images and patterns and I adore the bright colours. There is even an entire sheet of holiday sentiments in several languages that can be snipped out for use on projects. Many of the images also can be die-cut using the Home Together Dies. I challenged myself to make a card using NO stamped images (gasp!)...here is what I came up with:


easel aperture card

It's nothing special when closed, but when opened you get a fun surprise...

easel aperture card

I love this fun take on an easel card! I was inspired by a project by Mitosoucrafts  and couldn't resist trying it with this fun suite. Getting this look is actually surprisingly easy...it just takes a bit of creating cutting plate placement with the die-cutting machine. Can you believe that every single image and sentiment on this card is from the DSP?? Not an ink pad in sight!


easel aperture card

I used the Winter Snow embossing folder on the front panel and the So Many Snowflakes dies for my dangling snowflake...

easel aperture card

I opted to leave the inside panel blank to allow space to write a message.

easel aperture card

I will be demonstrating this card and two other fun folds in today's Live @ Five video at 5 pm ET over on my Facebook business page. If you miss the live broadcast, the recording will be posted to my YouTube channel shortly afterwards. Included in both videos posts will be measurements for all three projects. 

Thanks for stopping by this week...make it a good one!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...