Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Snowflake Splendour Emboss Resist

 Happy Tuesday...and happy December! How appropriate that we are kicking off the new month with a snowfall. As I type this post, flakes are softly falling outside my office window. So pretty! It's like nature knew I needed inspiration for this week's featured product...the Snowflake Splendour Suite!

I have to say, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the gorgeous products in this suite. The Designer Paper is absolutely TO DIE FOR! The watercolour washes are simply stunning. So much so, that I thought they would be perfect to use as a backdrop for some emboss resist. Check out this pretty card I made...


Emboss resist joseph's coat technique

I began with a piece of one of the watercolour wash patterns from the Snowflake Splendour DSP. Then, I stamped several of the snowflake images using Versamark ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I almost stopped there, as the glossy embossed snowflakes were soooo pretty against the watercolour background. But I wanted to see what they would look like if I sponged a darker ink colour over top, so I sponged Highland Heather ink all over the embossed DSP panel. Oh my goodness, it is soo pretty! The embossed snowflakes resisted the ink and allowed the watercolour background to show through. The result is just gorgeous! I darkened the edges of my panel with some Gorgeous Grape ink and it just made everything pop. The final touch on the background was a spatter of Frost White Shimmer Paint...soooo yummy!😍😍

For the sentiment, I die-cut a stitched circle from scrap of the same DSP I used for the background and stamped the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink. I layered that on a scalloped circle die-cut from Gorgeous Grape card stock.

Emboss resist joseph's coat technique

I embellished my card with some die-snowflakes, cut from Whisper White card stock that I had sponged with Frost White Shimmer Paint. The result is shimmery, pearlescent accents that work perfectly with my background. I also added some 1/4" Iridescent ribbon and a few Blue Gems.

On the inside of the Whisper White card base, I stamped a few more snowflakes, applying Pool Party and Highland Heather ink to each stamp with sponge daubers. I love that they echo the snowflakes in the background on the front of the card. I omitted a sentiment on the inside, as I wanted lots of room to write a heartfelt greeting.

Emboss resist joseph's coat technique

I will be demonstrating this card and two others using products from the Snowflake Splendour Suite in today's Live @ Five video at 5 pm ET over on my Facebook Business page. I hope you'll join me live, but if you miss the broadcast, you can catch the replay shortly after on my YouTube channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a super week!

Emboss resist joseph's coat technique


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...