Thursday, December 30, 2021

Saleabration Countdown Day 3: Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper

 Welcome to day three of my week-long countdown to the launch of Saleabration 2022! Today I am shifting my focus from stamp sets to Designer Paper. There are several beautiful paper packs in this year's Saleabration offering, some of which coordinate with products from the new January-June Mini Catalogue. The Daffodil Afternoon pack is one such product. 

Although it is designed to coordinate with the Daffodil Daydream bundle, the Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper has no trouble holding its own as the focal image on a project. Check out these samples and you'll see what I mean!

saleabration 2022
All this card needed was a sentiment and some embellishments...the DSP does all the work!

saleabration 2022
I fussy-cut some daffodils from the DSP to add as accents on this one.

saleabration 2022
More fussy-cut flowers plus a sentiment here.

saleabration 2022
If a pattern is too busy and overwhelms the design, adding a layer of vellum is a great way to tone down the pattern so that the other elements on your project can shine.

saleabration 2022
I absolutely love the simplicity of this one...again, just a sentiment and some embellishments are all that is needed.


saleabration 2022

This spanner fun fold was inspired by a swap card I received this week. It is the perfect way to showcase this beautiful paper and, again, only requires the addition of a sentiment to complete the card. 

saleabration 2022

I used Basic Black as my base because I love the way it sets off the colours in the DSP and really makes them pop. I also really love black with Very Vanilla...a little bit softer than the contrast between black and white. The card base is standard 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4". Then, with the 5-1/2" side at the top, I cut from top edge down to the score line at 1-1/4" on both sides. The spanner piece is 1-1/4" x 5-1/2". 
The DSP layers are 1" x 4" and 2-3/4" x 4". The vanilla pieces are 1" x 2-3/4" for the front and 2-3/4" x 4" for the inside. 

saleabration 2022

On the inside of the card I added another stamped sentiment from the Special Moments SAB set. It has TWENTY-ONE different sentiment stamps!

This is such an easy fun fold and is a great way to switch up your card design to something a little bit unexpected. I demonstrated this card in the video below...check it out!




Thanks for stopping by today...see you tomorrow for Day 4!

saleabration 2022


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...