Saturday, April 23, 2011

Touch of Kindess

Long time, no post, I know!  I've been a little busy with Easter celebrations and preparations for my family.  Tomorrow  we are hosting my husband's sister and her family and my brother and sister-in-law (and the bun in the oven!) for Easter dinner.  Some time yesterday I got it in my head that my son and I should make cupcakes for everyone for dessert.  Well...those of you who know me know that I don't do anything half-way, so...here is what we did:


One would think I had learned my lesson after the Lightening McQueen cake...but Easter is special and so is my family!
Every "blade" of  grass is a squeeze of the icing bag!!

Didn't think it was possible, but these took LONGER than Lightening McQueen!!


So...that's my excuse for not posting...am I forgiven??  I do have some great news, though!  I was chosen to be a  guest designer for this week's A La Card Monkey challenge!! 



Now, even though the name of this challenge is remarkably similar to the name of this blog, I have nothing to do with the running of the challenge site blog.  I just enjoy playing along when I get the chance.  You can see the card that earned me the "guest designer" honour here.  The challenge I am designing for starts next Friday, April 29th, so you'll have to wait till then to see what I come up with!  In the meantime, I've been having some fun this evening with some more new goodies from the upcoming Summer Mini.  One of the sets that really appealed to me is one called Touch of Kindness.  It isn't my usual realistic imagery in this set...rather it is just cute and cheerful and I knew I just had to have it when I saw it in the mini.  So...since I can't show you the actual set, here is a card I made using it!


Thank you card using the Touch of Kindness set from the Summer Mini

Not sure if you can tell, but I added Crystal Effects to the water droplets to give them dimension and make them more realistic looking

Cute little kitty...I used silver smooch accent ink for his tag.

Inside of card.

 Doesn't this card just make you smile?  I just love those little birdies and that fat Kitty!  I had great fun watercolouring the images in this set...you will too!!  AND there is only one more week till the Summer Mini goes live!!

If you get a chance, hop on over to the  A La Card Monkey blog and check out this week's challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...