Sunday, April 17, 2011

Something Old, Something New...

This Friday's challenge over at A La Card Monkey was just too good to pass up.  It combined a sketch (which I love to work from) and coffee!!  Check this out:


So, I got busy and cracked out a set I've had forEVER but had never actually used until today.  It is long-retired, but I like the images in it so much I could never bring myself to get rid of it!  So...here is my version of the sketch:

Monkey52 Sketch Challenge card using Font of You set (retired)

Close up of jewelry-tag-punched sentiment
I rather like the way this turned out.  I am loving the colour combo...Cajun Craze is just such a gorgeous colour!  So here is what I did to create this card:

Starting with a crumb cake card base, I added a strip of cajun craze cardstock along the bottom edge.  I then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot using the square lattice embossing folder.  I then took a piece of 1 1/4" striped chocolate chip ribbon (retired, but on the Clearance Rack right now!), cut it in half and frayed the cut edge.  I wrapped it around my card base, securing it on the front with SNAIL.  I folded the tail end back on itself and secured it using glue dots.  I threaded a chocolate chip corduroy button (also retired) with some brand spankin' new baker's twine in early espresso (from the upcoming Summer Mini) and tied a bow.I adhere the button using more glue dots (gotta love those things!)  I then took a piece of very vanilla cardstock and stamped the coffe cup image in early espresso.  I matted it on a larger piece of early espresso cardstock, as per the sketch.  I then stamped the words of the sentiment individually in early espresso ink on a scrap of crumb cake cardstock and punched each word out with my jewelry tag punch.  I punched out three more tags in cajun craze and assembled each little tag, adhering them to the stamped and matted piece using brads.  I then adhered the whole focal image to the card using dimensionals.
There you have it...a clean, simple and easy answer to a sketch challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you did the tags and the colors rock! I'm so glad you got a chance to ink up Font of You. Thanks for playing along with our A La Card Monkey Challenge!

    Hugs,

    Terry
    http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute, clever card! Perfect use of the colors, image and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love the fraying of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with that ribbon. I am going to have to try that sometime. I like the colors and I like how you make the tags double... really cool. Thanks for much for making a card for A La Card Monkey.. It makes us Happy!!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...