Monday, April 25, 2011

More Summer Mini previews and the Stamping 411 Colour Inspiration Challenge 155

Ok...I'll admit it...I'm becoming addicted to online stamping challenges!  I just love the way they jump-start my mojo without too much effort from me!  The colour inspiration challenge over at Stamping 411 was one for which I immediately knew what I wanted to do.  Here is the colour combo...

...and here is my card:

Surf's Up! card for Stamping 411 Colour Inspiration Challenge #155 using the new Summer Splash set from the upcoming Summer Mini (only 6  more days till it goes live!).  Sentiment is from the Word Play set.

Inside of card
I love this colour combo...it immediately made me think of sand and beaches and Hawaiian shirts!  This card was designed before I even put ink to paper.  I had fun with it though, trying my hand at a brayered background.  I still need more practice, but am happy for my first attempt.  This set is so much fun and perfect for summer.  I actually bought it in wood mount (gasp!) because it will be perfect for my son when I am finished with it.  It has lots of fun fishy images and an octopus that he LOVES.  In fact, when this set arrived in my pre-order, my son was the first to grab it and use it!  He got to ink my virgin stamps before I did!!!  You are going to LOVE the new mini...but don't forget that there is less than a week to stock on up your favourite items from the Occasions Mini before they are gone...maybe for good!  Don't miss out if there is something you love and have been meaning to order, but haven't gotten around to...it may not be around after April 30th!  Call or email me if you need to put in a last-minute order.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card!! I love this. TFS
    www.carriesscrapyard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I love the use of the surfboards and the torn paper illusion of waves. Great colors too!

    Kind regards,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...