Monday, April 18, 2011

Friday Mashup Challenge 2

I have only recently started participating in online challenges and I have to say they are such FUN!  One of my fav's is Friday Mashup.  Their challenges are always great to get one's MOJO working.  Here is this week's challenge:


The choices were to do the sketch, the colour combo or BOTH!  I did the former and the latter options because, well, I liked the sketch too much to just do one card!  Here are my creations:
MU2 Challenge Card using Nature Walk stamp set.  Sentiment is from the Thanks for Caring set from the Occasions Mini.

A second MU2 challenge card also using the Nature Walk set but featuring a different colour scheme taken from the gorgeous Botanical Gazette DSP.  The sentiment is from the Clearly For You set.
I am experiencing that sense of urgency I get whenever a Mini Catalogue is about to expire...a need to use up all of my DSP and get as much mileage out of the stamps for fear they will never be seen again.  I SOOOOO hope the Nature Walk set makes it into the IBC in July!  Are you listening SU?!?  The images in that set are too gorgeous to only be around for four short months!  Anyhow, as you can see, pretty much everything I used for these two cards comes from the Occasions Mini.  I really like the felxibility this sketch offers...into my sketch book it goes!  (Keeping a journal of sketches and layouts that you've used and like is a great resource...I use it when I am stuck in a rut or my mojo goes south for a while.  Try it...you'll be glad you did!)

On a completely different note, I have posted the photos for my May card class on the Upcoming Events page.  I will post them here tomorrow, but if you can't wait till then or want to check them out to see if you'd like to attend the class, click on the Events tab at the top of this page. 

5 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are great I really like how you used the color combo on the first one.. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation, Leena - Nature Walk is one o my favorites! You worked it nicely into this week's challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Leena, I also enjoy that challenge every now and again too. Haven't played this week yet, but I'm hoping to at some point. Also check out our challenge, it's new at
    http://comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.com
    Cindy, fellow Ontario Demo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these cards!! I also LOVE Nature Walk! I'll be stampin' with it for years!

    Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, BOTH cards are absolutely fantastic! I really love the colors in the 2nd one! Great job, and thank you so much for playing along with us over at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...