Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Black and White and Square...

...is the theme for this week's Friday Mash-up Challenge.  Here is the inspiration photo:

With this in mind, here is what I came up with:

Black & White & Square card for MU3 challenge.  How could this be anything but a wedding card???


Inside of card.

Ok, so I have to fess up...this card uses a non-Stampin' Up item...that big brad on the front is one that I got ages ago...so long ago that I don't even remember where I got it!  I just knew that it would be perfect for this card, though, so I had to use it.  My apologies to  my SU customers...I got this long before I was a demo!  I'm happy to say that everything else on this card is from Stampin' Up!.  The stamp set I used is Baroque Motifs...one that I love and hope stays when the new catty comes out in July!  I double embossed the front using my Perfect Polka Dots and then my Framed Tulips embossing folders.  Such a pretty effect!  I added a little bling with a mat of brushed silver and some rhinestone basic gems and the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  A really easy card to pull together...thanks to the gals at Friday Mashup for the inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Love the double embossing! Great technique with such a WOW factor!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! I thought about wedding and Baroque for this challenge, but it didn't call to me like it did you! Love that brad in the front. Too bad it's not SU. Oh well. It sure makes this card very elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful! Love your embellishment - it's perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously WOW! Excellent combination of design elements! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Elegant, so happy you joined in the fun at the Friday Mashup. hope to see your creativity again! Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brad is very cool.. and it does go great with your card! Great take on the challenge this week.. I love all the dry embossing you used. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...