Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Out-With-The-Old-Swap Cards

Last month I participated in a swap in which we were to use up our retired Stampin' Up supplies.  Since I have TONS of retired stuff hanging around, I jumped all over this one!  I entered a masculine birthday card category and here are the two cards I did...same layout but using different stamp sets:
For this one I used the Still-Current Nature Walk set, but everything else is retired!

This one even uses retired stamps!
I have to admit I was really sad when I found out Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel were among the colours being retired in last year's colour renovation.  Both of these browns were ones I used regularly on masculine cards and in punch art.  I bought up several packs of each colour so that I would have plenty for future projects.  Here's the thing...I haven't used ANY of it!!!  I just love the new colours so much I don't even miss the old ones!  This swap gave me an opportunity to dust off those neglected colours and some stamps that I love but rarely have time to use any more.  I also used up lots of bits of retired Hodgepodge Hardware sets that I still have as well.  Of the two cards, I have to say I like the second one best.  I kind of like the bike images that change as one matures...from a trike to a motorcycle!  Since both men in my life (my hubby and my son) are both fond of their respective bikes (motorcycle and new two-wheeler) I thought this was an appropriate set of images for a masculine birthday card.  I hope my fellow swappers enjoyed these cards!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Leena! The first one is really pretty but I think I prefer the second one, too. I thought I'd really miss close to cocoa and creamy caramel, but like you, I've had so much fun playing with the new colours, I haven't had time to miss them!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...