Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vintage Paris

Yes...two posts in one day!  Hard to believe, I know!  I just had to get this up so that I can enter  the Stamping 411 sketch challenge for this week.  The challenge closes tomorrow morning at 8:00, so I had to get it posted tonight.  Here is the inspiration sketch:


And here is my version:

Card for SSC200 - rotated and flipped the sketch!

A tale of many stamp sets:  Artistic Etchings, The Open Sea, Define Your Life and En Francais!  Doncha love it when a card comes together?!

Inside of card - sentiment free...but it could be for a graduation, retirement, bon voyage etc...
So...I had some vintage fun with this one!  Here is what I did to create this card:
Starting with a strip of very vanilla cardstock, I ran it through my Big Shot using my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, which I had brayered with early espresso ink.  I then sponged the raised images with cajun craze and distressed the edges with the tool from my cutter kit.  I sponged the edges and then set it aside.  I then took a narrow strip of cajun craze and tore  it using my tearing edge.  I crumpled and winkled the cardstock and then adhered it to the embossed very vanilla piece.  I wrapped a piece of the new early espresso  baker's twine (from the Summer Mini) around the whole thing a couple of times, tied a knot, added a trinket key and tied it into a bow.  I secured the knot wth a glue dot.  Setting this aside, I took a narrow strip of very vanilla carrdstock and stamped the eiffel tower image from Artistic Etchings in early espresso ink.  I then inked the medallion from the same set in cajun craze, stamped off once and then stamped over the tip of the tower.  I stamped again in the lower right corner.  Finally, I inked my en Francais background stamp in early espresso, stamped off once and then stamped over the entire image.  I tore the top edge, distressed the others and then  inked all of them in cajun craze and then early espresso.  Setting that aside, I stamped the globe in early espresso (stamped off once) and punched it out.  I sponged the edges of the globe in early espresso.  The sentiment, from the Define Your Life Set, was again stamped on very vanilla in early espresso ink and then punched out with my decorative label punch..  I distressed and then sponged the edges, as well as lightly sponging the entire label.  The rest was easy...just assemble the various  elements on the card as in the photo! 
For the inside, I layered a piece of very vanilla on a mat of cajun craze after stamping both the globe and the tower (stamped off once).
I can't wait to show you the cute "Tooth Safes" I designed for my Mommy and Me class...stop by tomorrow to check them out!

5 comments:

  1. Love this and all those different elements you used on this card!! AND how you turned the sketch, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning!!! I LOVE the textured piece with two colors, and all of the special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great twist on the sketch! Love the collage feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow -- striking card and color combintation! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Stamping 411 this week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...