Sunday, April 24, 2011

One More Quick Easter-themed Post!

Today was a great day...we had an egg hunt for my some this morning and then a family dinner this afternoon...a fun day spent with family...just the way Easter should be!  I have one more Easter card for you that I created for the A La Card Monkey challenge this week.






Here is my version...using a long-retired set called "Gifts of Spring"

MU Challenge 53 Easter card

I recently rediscovered my bottle of Crystal Effects, so I added a little to the bunnies' eyes and to the butterflies...it really makes them come to life!
Lately I've been on a bit of a watercolouring kick, so I had fun colouring these cute little bunnies!  This set is really old (like 2005'ish!) but it is still one of my fav's for spring.  The colour scheme for this card came from a bunch of scraps I had laying on my table...sometimes inspiration strikes in the midst of chaos! 
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  The best part for me is yet to be...another day off tomorrow!!  WOOT!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That set is a blast from the past. I love it! And you did a great job watercoloring the image because it's big. Thanks for taking part in our challenge!

    Hugs,

    Terry
    A La Card Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, it looks just like the bunny in the sketch. lol Thanks Leena for making a card for the Challenge!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring on that image! Must have taken a lot of time and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring job! Makes me just a little sad that I sold my set earlier this year. But then again, I don't color well. So, I guess it's better to enjoy it on other people's blogs like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...