Monday, May 9, 2011

A Quickie!

I have exactly 15 minutes before I have to start teaching my monthly class, so I will be brief!  Today's card uses one of my favourite and most versatile stamps sets from the main catalogue:  Just Believe.  See what you think...

"Manly'ish" card using Just Believe set and Woodland Walk DSP

Close up of "Shadow Stamped" focal image
I was going for something sorta manly...not sure I succeeded, but I sure do like this card!  The focal image uses a technique called "shadow stamping" where you stamp the image once in a light colour (I used crumb cake here) and then again, slightly off-set in a darker colour, in this case Garden Green.  The result is a 3-D effect that really makes you have to reach out and touch to see if the image is embossed.  It is very cool and still gives me the look of heat embossing while I wait for my new heat tool to arrive!  Speaking of which, I have a whole new appreciation for the quality of the SU heat tool.  The one I had, which I bought before I became a demo, was not from SU.  It died a very untimely death right in the middle of my Stamp-A-Stack last weekend!  I was able to borrow my friend Christine's SU model to finish my class and it sold me on buying an SU model to replace mine.  Can't wait for it to arrive...I miss heat embossing!!  Hurry up Mr. UPS!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us that a card can be quick and easy and great!

    Shadowing...never tried that...think I'll copy that one this week for class. Thanks, Leena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's a cool technique! A must try. Thanks for showing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. And it can be "manly" or not! Thanks for following me. I'm now following you back!
    cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com
    Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...