Friday, May 20, 2011

Sail Away...

Well the long Victoria Day weekend is finally here.  The first long weekend of the season...kick off to the summer...May two-four.  There are many reasons to enjoy this weekend, but for me it will simply be a chance to get caught up on some gardening, some stamping and this infernal course I am taking.  As three whole days stretch ahead of me, I am a little unsure where to start tackling my To-do list, so I figured I'd relax with a little stamp-therapy.  Its been almost a week since I put ink to paper and I needed a while to get the mojo working. Thankfully, there is the summer mini and the great nautical paper and stamps to inspire me.  Conveniently the challenge this week over at The Paper Players is a colour one that  uses the three colours  in the Nautical Expedition DSP:

So, here is my nautical card...even though I don't have a sea-worthy bone in my body!

Card for PP46 using the Sail Away a la carte stamp, and The Open Sea set and Define Your Life sets.

Trying to show the popped up, paper-pieced sails

My attempt at a nautical-looking knot!
Inside of card with sentiment from the Word Play set.
I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't sea-worthy.  Boats make me sick...literally.  All I have to do is look at a boat bobbing on the waves and I turn green.  But I love this suite of new products!  There is something about the DSP and stamp images that just appeals to me and inspires my creativity.  This card is really straightforward...nothing tricky or special here!  At the end of a long, busy week, I don't feel much like doing a play-by-play how-to on this one...I hope you don't mind!  If you are stumped by anything, leave a comment and I'll try to help you out.  In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my Friday evening...I hope you do too!

4 comments:

  1. Love how you've stamped the sailboat on the DSP and popped up the sails. Great job with the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details! From the knot to the wonderfully finished inside, it is just a perfect masculine card. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card Leena,love the way you did those sails. wow, us two canucks are tearing up a storm on the blogs. getting honoarble mentions and winning and such. Well congrats my fellow canuck. Oh by the way are you going to Heather's get together next month. If so maybe we will meet each other.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Leena! I love how you popped up the sails and that fabulous knotted twine accent. Thanks so much for joinin gus at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...