Sunday, July 15, 2012

One more Reason to Smile

Today I have my last project in my week-long series featuring the beautiful Reason to Smile stamp set.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing just how versatile this set is.  I know I've certainly enjoyed playing with it to create all of these projects!  My final sample is another one that I designed for my monthly techniques group.  It uses the Faux Linen technique...

Bright and colourful Birthday card featuring the Reason to Smile stamp set with sentiment from Perfect Punches.

Inside view with sentiments from One in a Million
I just love the combination of Melon Mambo and Gumball Green!  What a vibrant, cheerful duo they are!  I'm not sure it shows in the photo, but the background on the front of the card is done using the Faux Linen technique.  I stamped the line-art Daisy image all over using Whisper White craft ink once I had created my coloured linen background.  For the focal image, I watercoloured it a little differently.  I began by stamping my images on watercolour paper after inking the stamp with markers.  I then used a blender pen to blur the image and pull colour from the stamped lines to fill in the rest of the image.  The result is a soft, blurred watercolour effect.  The rest of this card is pretty straightforward and came together quickly. 
I hope I've shown you just how wonderful this stamp set is.  If you missed my previous projects using this set, just click back through the last week's worth of posts to view them.  Then call or email to place your order and get this stamp set for just $5 when your order reaches $60.  Hurry...this offer only lasts until the end of the month and then this stamp set will be gone for good!

Now for yet another fantastic project from Craft Project Central.  Today's fun idea comes from fellow Canadian Tara Bourgoin.  Check this out:

Gift Cards and Tags set designed by Tara Bourgoin
This cute set has everything one needs to be prepared for birthdays, dinner invitations and other special events.  It also makes a wonderful gift.  To access the instructions to make this project and nine others, visit Craft Project Central and subscribe to July. 

2 comments:

  1. So pretty and another new technique I must try along with my Reason to Smile set arriving tmo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Leena! Wish I could've made your class.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...