Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cheers!

I recently did a private class for one of my customers and her friends and family.  They requested a feminine birthday card as one of the projects.  I decided to stay away from flowers and go in a different direction, so I pulled out my as-yet-uninked Happy Hour stamp set and got busy.  This is what I came up with...

Birthday card featuring the Happy Hour stamp set.

Inside view.
Fun, eh?  I drew my colour pallette from the fantastic Patio Party DSP and used the patio lantern patterned paper to add a bit of summer flair.  I stamped the three glasses in Midnight Muse ink and then stamped them again on a piece of scrap paper in Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Baja Breeze respectively.  I then cut out the "liquid" from each of the coloured images and paper-pieced them onto the glasses.  This is a great way to get multi-coloured images without using markers.  The ribbon on the front of the card is Rose Red seam binding.  I didn't have any of the Primrose Petals stitched satin and the Rose Red was pretty close.  I also used some glimmer brads from the Brights pack...again, not an exact match for the Summer Starfruit, but still close enough to work.  The last touch on the front of the card was the embossing using the argyle folder...so love that pattern!
On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment in Midnight Muse and then randomly stamped some of the garnish images in the colours I used on the front.  A fun little addition.  Now that I've finally inked up this set, I'm seeing many possibilities for it...stay tuned for future projects!

1 comment:

  1. This is a set I am coveting in the book right now! Gotta get this on my next order! I loved the old set that this one replaced and am loving the up-dated look!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...