Saturday, August 4, 2012

One Layer for Fall

Today I have a SUPER simple card for you!  I wanted to created something that used only the basics and I turned to the wonderful Wonderfall stamp set from the new Holiday Catty.  Check it out:

Single layer card featuring the Wonderfall stamp set with sentiment from Day of Gratitude.

Inside view
So quick and easy!  While I love adding layers and lots of embellies to my designs, sometimes it's fun to keep it CAS.  I drew my color palette from the Orchard Harvest DSP in the Holiday Catty.  I love the Wonderfall stamp set and all of the textured designs in the leaves.  It makes it so easy to create visual interest.  The sentiment is from the Day of Gratitude set and is cut out using the Apothecary Accents framelits.  Now, I have had several questions about how to create the second layer, as I did with the Early Espresso mat behind the sentiment.  I've done a couple of quick, free photo tutorials that show how I do it.  Click the Tutorials tab and you'll find them.  Have a terrific Saturday and if you're one of the lucky ones who have Monday off...enjoy the long weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! I adore the pop of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity! I echo Desiree comment too about the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so simple with a great amount of impact! Love it! Even I could pull this one off!

    Jamie Anderson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...