Thursday, December 13, 2012

M is for Merry

Today I want to show you the little treats I made to give the members of my Tri-city Stampers Team at our December meeting.  I wanted to use up some of the surplus fabric I had on hand so I used it to cover cardboard to create these little boxes...have a look:

Christmas treat holder featuring sentiment from Occasions Alphabet.
Not sure if you can tell in the photo, but the box is filled with yummy Lindt chocolate truffles...soooo good!  To make the box, I used the backing cardboard that comes with packs of DSP.  I used some Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive sheets, covered the entire piece of cardboard and then adhered the fabric to the cardboard.  I then ran it through the Big Shot using the Box #2 die (retired).  The cool thing is that it cuts both the cardboard and the fabric with no frayed edges!  I then assembled the box, wrapped some Early Espresso tulle around it and tied a bow.  I put the whole thing in a large cello bag and tied it shut with more tulle, this time in Cherry Cobbler.  The tag is stamped in Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler, punched with the scalloped oval punch and then layered on a die-cut label of Candlelight Christmas DSP.  So quick and easy but really pretty!  My husband was so impressed he asked me to make some for his colleagues at work...good thing I have a TON of fabric!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the fabric Leena! Can be used anytime we need a little fancier wrapping! I know your team members would have loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...