Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Timber!

I have LOTS to share with you today!  First, a project:  Last week I showed you a project I designed using the new Wood You Be Mine stamp set from the Occasion Catalogue.  Today I have another one for you :)

Valentine's card featuring the Wood You Be Mine stamp set
Fun, huh?  This one might just have to go to my DH this year.  To create the background layer I stamped the log image repeatedly all over a piece of Smoky Slate card stock using Versamark ink.  I then heat embossed in silver...I love the look of silver on Smoky Slate!  I layered the stamped background on a piece of Real Red card stock, which was then adhered to a Basic Gray card base.



The sentiment is stamped in Real Red ink and then layered on a piece of Basic Gray card stock.  The axe is stamped in Memento Tuxdeo black ink, coloured with Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate Blendabilities, and then fussy cut and adhered to the sentiment panel.  I finished it off with a bit of silver baker's twine before adhering it to the card.

On the inside I stamped the log again using Smokey Slate ink, stamped off once.  The sentiment is stamped in Real Red ink.

I love the way this turned out...can't wait to give it to my honey for Valentine's Day!

Now, since it's Tuesday, here are this week's Weekly Deals for you:

Angled Tag Topper Punch
Angled Tag Topper Punch
Price: $31.95Sale: $23.96
Blackberry Bliss 3/8 Satin Stitched Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Blackberry Bliss 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon
Price: $12.25  
Sale: $9.19
Hello Honey 3/8 Satin Stitched Ribbon
Hello Honey 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon
Price: $12.25 
Sale:  $9.19
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack by Stampin' Up!
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Price: $22.95 
Sale: $17.21
Little Pieces Embosslits Die by Stampin' Up!
Little Pieces Embosslits Die
Price: $14.95 
Sale: $11.21
Starburst Framelits Die
Starburst Framelits Die
Price: $32.95 
Sale: $24.71
Tangelo Twist 3/8 Satin Stitched Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Tangelo Twist 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon
Price: $12.25  
Sale: $9.19
Watercolored Winter Kit -- Digital Download
Watercolored Winter Kit - Digital Download
Price: $10.95 
Sale:  $6.57

Next, I am excited to show you the latest photopolymer stamp set release, called Better Than E-mail...love it!  Check it out:

Better Than E-mail (140463) $19.95


This set is perfect for putting the finishing touch on your projects by stamping the back of the card to let the receipient know you created it just for them.  This set also fulfills Stampin' Up's Angel Policy for the sale of projects made using Stampin' Up images and products.  Its a win-win!  To order yours email or visit my webstore today.

Finally I'm proud to say my New Year's card was chosen as one of the Artist's Picks over at Handstamped Sentiments this week :)

Add caption

Thanks to the Design Team for choosing my design!  Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have many faves from your Open House, and this is one of them. Love the card, especially the embossed log image - looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...