Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016!

Happy New Year! I hope you rang in 2016 with those you love and that the coming year holds much love, health and happiness for you.

In honour of the brand new year, I put together this project...

New Year's card featuring the Day-to-Day Project Life stamp set and Hello You Thinlits
I was going through leftover card kits from various events last fall and found a kit that contained all but the die-cut sentiment, so I re-purposed it from a Christmas card to a New Year's one. The numbers are from the Day-to-Day Project Life set...that one is a must-have for any scrapbooker! I heat embossed them in gold, punched them with my 1-3/4" circle punch and then layered it on a 2" circle punched from gold foil sheets. The sentiment is die-cut twice, once from Basic Black card stock and once from gold foil sheets, using the Hello You Thinlit dies. I layered the gold on the black to make it pop a little more against the white background. I used the Softly Falling TIEF to emboss the thick Whisper White card base.

The DSP is from the Winter Wonderland pack...which is on sale for four more days as part of the Year-End Closeout sale...be sure to pick some up before it's gone!  It is perfect for much more than Christmas...black and gold go with everything! I added some gold cording trim and a few metallic sequins by way of embellishment.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Six Sayings host set in Basic Black ink and then highlighted it with a gold glimmer circle frame, punched using the 1-3/4" and 2" circle punches, and a teeny little gold glimmer star, punched with the Confetti Stars punch.

Have a fabulous first-day-of-2016!

Here are the products used to create this card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...