Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello Monday

Happy Monday...I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was good, but hectic...aren't they all? I'm still feeling a bit woozy, but had no time to take it easy, as I was busy preparing for my upcoming events.

Today I have a birthday card I designed for my upcoming birthday card buffet back when I was struggling to get my mojo back. It isn't my favourite design ever, but it uses one of the limited-time Sale-a-bration sets that I love...

Masculine birthday card featuring the Hello Sale-a-bration stamp set
I designed this one with a teen or tween boy in mind. It is so hard to design cards for that demographic, don't you think? Here I stamped the Hello in Basic Black ink on a piece of It's My Party DSP. I added some strips of Washi tape I had in my stash (I have no idea which bundles it came from!). The little banner is stamped in Basic Black and popped up over the Washi tape.


I added a contrasting strip of DSP at the bottom, along with some gold sequin trim because even tween boy cards need some sparkle. The final touch was the little gold-embossed party hat which I fussy cut and popped up with a dimensional.

On the inside I used a sentiment from the You're So Lovely stamp set, which I heat embossed in gold, and another sentiment from the Big News set in the Annual Catalogue.

This is a super-simple card, but that is what is needed when one wants to get a ton done at a buffet. This one is special because it helped me find my missing creative mojo and for that reason, I love it!

Have a great week!

Here are the products used to create this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...