Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Ready for Adventure?

Today I have a fun project that I designed for an upcoming fun folds card class. Check it out...

It's a pyramid card! This is the first side.

This is side two.

...and this is side three. Isn't that fun?? Here it is unfolded so that you can see all three sides at the same time...

To create the pyramid base I followed this fabulous tutorial. To create this outdoor scene I used the new Always an Adventure stamp set and coordinating Outdoor Adventure Framelits. Both are available together in a bundle at a 10% discount in the new catty. They are SO much fun!! I actually had originally conceived this as a Father's Day card, but then realized that the class I was designing for was AFTER Father's Day...doh! It still totally works as a birthday card for an outdoors-lover.  Here is the low-down on how I did each side.

For the front panel I began with a Soft Sky triangle cut to fit the panel of the pyramid. I also had similar triangles in Basic Gray and Emerald Envy. I die-cut the mountains from the Basic Gray triangle and the trees from the Emerald Envy one and adhered them to the Soft Sky base. Would you believe this framelit set even includes a die to cut the snow for the mountain tops? It took me a little while to figure that one out, so you're welcome...I just saved you the trouble ;)
The little bear is stamped in Basic Black ink and die cut. The sentiment banner is stamped using the Thoughtful Banners stamp set (this is one set that is going to see TONS of use in my studio!) using Emerald Envy ink. I added a bit of Linen Thread to highlight the sentiment.

For the second panel I again begain with a Soft Sky triangle and an Emeral Envy triangle. I trimmed the Emerald Envy one to create a bit of a hill. I adhered it to the Soft Sky triangle. The tent and trees are stamped in Soft Suede and Emeral Envy ink respectively, and are die-cut using the Outdoor Adventure Framelits. The little clouds are also die-cut using the same framelits from Whisper White card stock.


The third panel once again began with a Soft Sky triangle and an Emerald Envy triangle. I die-cut the trees once from the Emerald Envy triangle and then again from a piece of scrap. I adhered the one cut from scrap behind the triangle-based one, offsetting them slightly, and then adhered both to the Soft Sky triangle. The sign post is stamped in Early Espresso ink and die cut using the Outdoor Adventure framelits. The clouds are done in the same manner as for the previous panel.


On the inside, I adhered two Whisper White triangles. On one I stamped the lake image from the Always and Adventure set using Pacific Point ink. I added the sentiment from the Bear Hugs set stamped in Basic Black ink. On the other panel I added a couple more stamped and die-cut trees. The pyramid card base is constructed from Kraft card stock and measures 4-1/4" x 5-3/4" when folded flat. Perfect to fit in our medium envelopes!

I had such fun creating each scene on this project. While working on it I had tons more ideas for other projects. Stay tuned!

I can't wait to teach my class guests how to create this fun card!!

Product List
Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate
Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate
[125586]
$15.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute, how did you create the base card? cardstock size, scoring etc. would love to know as I have an avid outdoorsman in my family :)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. Here is a link to the tutorial I followed to create the base:
      http://stampowl.blogspot.ca/2008/02/pyramid-card.html

      The Soft Sky triangles I used as the background for each panel began as a 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" rectangle. I marked the middle of the 3-1/2" side and then cut from there to the opposite corners to create an equilateral triangle. I hope this helps :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...