Thursday, September 22, 2016

Beary Merry

Happy first day of Autumn! Are you as ready as I am for sweater weather and colourful leaves? It is still unseasonably hot here...feels more like July than late September!
Even though the weather is warm, I am madly designing Christmas cards for my upcoming events. Today's project is one that will be on offer at my buffet next week...

Can you believe this is the first time my Baby Bear stamp set has seen ink?? How sad is that? I challenged my team members this month to go to their stamp storage, close their eyes, pull out a stamp set and create a card with it. This is the stamp set I pulled out and I sure am glad I did! I stamped my bear in Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock. I used the largest square in the Layering Squares framelits to die-cut  him out and then matted the die-cut square on a scalloped square in Cherry Cobbler.

The background DSP is from the This Christmas speciality pack in the Annual Catalogue...I soo love that paper! I layered it on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and then on a Crumb Cake card base. The sentiment is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set in the Holiday catty. I stamped it in Soft Suede ink and then punched it using the Duet Banner punch. The little holly leaves are from the Holly Berry Happiness set. I stamped them in Garden Green ink on card stock of the same shade. I used the Holly Berry Builder punch to punch them out and arranged them around a section of a gold metallic doily, which I tucked in under the sentiment banner.

The only embellishments are some Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon and some gold twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack.

Have a thrilling Thursday...the weekend is in sight!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...