Thursday, September 29, 2016

Frosted Fall Medallion

Happy Thursday...the weekend is in sight! I am slowly returning to normal after being knocked flat with this nasty bug this week. None too soon, because I have big plans for my team girls this Saturday and my first Christmas card buffet of the season tonight!

Today I wanted to share with you a project I made using products from the Fancy Frost Suite. Now, in the catalogue it is shown being used for New Year's projects, but I thought it might also work for fall...I think I was right!

Isn't that image just gorgeous in fall colours?? And that textured paper in the background is just perfect! I think this may be one of my favourite cards I've made this year! To get the multi-coloured image, I simply inked the stamp all over with Crushed Curry ink. They I used a sponge dauber and added Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler ink, leaving the centre and outer edges yellow. I LOVE this look. I gave it a super-narrow mat of Early Espresso card stock.

The background panel is a piece of Fancy Frost specialty DSP that I sponged with Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso ink. I love the way the layers of ink make the embossed pattern pop off the page. Now, because I was so in love with the stamped image, I just couldn't add a sentiment that would take away from it, so I decided to just add a bit of linen thread, a scrap of burlap ribbon and a cute little mini copper pinecone.

On the inside I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I heat embossed one of the sentiment from the Suite Seasons stamp set in copper. I love that the hit of paisley in the sentiment image is reminiscent of the medallion from the front. I suppose at some point I'll have to give this card away, but for now I think I'll just enjoy it's autumnal goodness. :)

Have a thrilling Thursday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...