Sunday, May 7, 2017

Eastern Note for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. It has been SO cold and rainy here...five straight days of steady rain and near freezing temperatures...wondering what happened to spring! I hope it is nicer where you are!!

Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...




Since I have been obsessed with the Eastern Palace Bundle lately, I naturally used it for my project:

I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock which I embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF. I purposely cut it a bit narrower than I needed so as to leave room for a pretty gold scallop border sticker, which I adhered directly to the thick Whisper White card base. I used some Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate for the rectangular element and then die-cut a medallion from Whisper White card stock using the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. I backed the die-cut medallion with a gold foil circle to make it pop against the white background.

I heat embossed the sentiment, which is from the Eastern Beauty stamp set, in gold and added another piece of border sticker along the bottom. I added a gold tassel and some retired gold cord, which works perfectly with the tassel and is still available on the Clearance Rack in my webstore.

I love how quick and easy it is to create elegant projects with this suite of products. The stickers and tassels add so much to the finished project and the medallion dies...well they are beyond fabulous! If you have not taken advantage of the pre-release of these amazing products yet, you don't know what you're missing!


This is a super-versatile sketch...be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give the sketch a try...and be sure to share your work with us so we can marvel at your creativity!

Have a super Sunday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

6 comments:

  1. luv the mostly white with gold....the texture and design are gorgoeus! hope you have a amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is striking dressed in white and gold! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette...isn't this bundle fantastic?

      Delete
  3. Taking some time to visit some blogs today. Want to say that your card is lovely. The white and gold gives it a very elegant look. Glad I stopped by.Happy Day to you!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! I love the gold and white embossed background. The tassel is such a great finishing touch! I hope you have a nice weekend, Leena! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...