Friday, May 12, 2017

Mother's Day Succulents

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a good week. This has been a long one for sure!! I'm looking forward to some serious studio time this weekend to play with all of my preorder goodies that arrived this week. So many ideas swimming around in my brain that need to be brought to life.
This weekend is also Mother's Day which means (hopefully) that I'll get a bit of a break on the house and yard work which means more me-time :)
In celebration of Mother's Day I thought I would share with you a card I designed for a private class I did last weekend. The hostess had asked for a card that would work as both a Mother's Day or a feminine birthday, depending on her guests' needs. This is what I came up with...

I think this may have been inspired by Pinterest, but it has been a while since I designed it so I can't remember exactly whose card it was. I used some Succulent Garden DSP for the background panel, mounting it on a larger piece of Whisper White card stock. I layered that on a piece of Mint Macaron card stock embossed using the Petal Burst TIEF. The wreath is die-cut using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits and the flower is done with the Succulent Framelits. I use Mint Macaron and silver glimmer paper to construct the flower.

The sentiment is from the Oh, So Succulent stamp set and is stamped in Mint Macaron ink. The only embellishments are some lace trim peeking out from behind the DSP panel and a single rhinestone in the centre of the flower. Just the right touch of bling :)

On the inside I stamped some flowers from the Oh, So Succulent stamp set as well as another sentiment in Mint Macaron.

This card was a hit with the guests at my class...and what's even better is that most of the products I used, although retiring, are on sale until the end of May or supplies run out. The Succulent Garden bundle is one of my favourites and I am sad to see it go away, but plan to get lots of use out of it before it does.

Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend!

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim
Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim
[138424]
$7.50

1 comment:

  1. Very versatile and cute card. Should bring a smile to anyone who receives it! Love that flower TFS. Happy Mothers's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...