Monday, August 7, 2017

Missing You

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Here it is a very good Monday! It is a long weekend, which means an extra day to spend quality family time. I spent some time on Saturday playing with my new Holiday Catalogue products and let me just say WOW! I will have so many fabulous classes and project ideas to offer this fall! I'll show you some sneak peeks later in the week, but today I have one of the cards we'll be making in my upcoming Suite of the Month class...

This month I am featuring the Naturally Eclectic Suite. I love the watercolour imagery in the stamp set and the fabulous colours and patterns in the DSP. For this project I wanted to something a little bit masculine, as one tends to gravitate toward the beautiful floral images in this set. I kept my colour pallete relatively subdued, leaning toward crisp Whisper White and Night of Navy, and then added some pops of greenery with Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist. I really love how fresh this pallette looks! The background Whisper White panel was die-cut using the lattice die from the Ecelectic Layers stamp set. I added a piece of Naturally Ecelctic DSP behind the die-cut window. I also added some texture with the leaf embossing dies from the same set. I love that these dies add just a hint of texture. I added a horizontal strip of Naturally Ecelectic DSP below my die-cut window and some Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon for a pop of colour.

I added some stamped images for interest and texture, using stamps from the Oh, So Eclectic stamp set and Night of Navy and Lemon Lime Twist ink. The leaves behind my sentiment are stamped in Emerald Envy and then die-cut with the Ecelectic Layers Thinlits. I also die-cut some smaller leaves from Lemon Lime Twist and silver foil. The sentiment and leaf image are stamped in Night of Navy and Lemon Lime Twist respectively. I used the 1-1/4" circle to punch the stamped images and layered it on a silver foil 1-3/8" circle. The only embellishments I added were some silver metallic thread and a few iridescent sequins.The only embellishments I added were some silver metallic thread and a few iridescent sequins.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped more leaves in Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist ink. I stamped off once for a muted, softer effect.

The more I play with this suite, the more I love it. The images and die-cuts are so easy to layer and the DSP is just fantastic! Stay tuned for more to come...


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...