Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Birthday Sunflowers

One of my favourite things about this time of year is the proliferation of sunflowers. One doesn't have to go far to find bouquets of these bright, happy blooms. Lucky for me, sunflowers are a huge trend in home decor and crafting this season. Since Stampin' Up! is always right on-trend, it is no surprise that the beautiful Painted Autumn Suite features stunning sunflower images. I designed today's card purposely to showcase the gorgeous patterns in the Painted Autumn DSP pack...check it out:

Aren't those sunflowers pretty? I am so in love with this suite I am featuring it as my Suite of the Month in September. This is actually one of the projects we'll be making at this month's class. I used two different DSP patterns, layering them on a Garden Green background panel which I embossed using the Layered Leaves Dynamic TIEF. I let the DSP to all of the talking on this card, adding only a stamped sentiment.

The sentiment is from the Special Celebrations stamp set. I stamped it in Early Espresso ink and punched it out using the Pretty Label punch. I added a little stamped branch from the Painted Harvest stamp set in the background, stamped off once, in Garden Green ink. I layered the stamped label on an Everyday Label punched from Early Espresso card stock. The only embellishment is a wee scrap of burlap ribbon which I stapled to the sentiment label.

On the inside I couldn't resist stamping more sunflowers, so I stamped the flower images from the Painted Harvest stamp set using Daffodil Delight for the larger image and then layering Crushed Curry over top with the smaller image. The centre is stamped in Early Espresso. I added more branches, stamping the bottom layer in Lemon Lime Twist and the top in Garden Green. The sentiment, which is also from Special Celebrations set, is stamped in Early Espresso ink.

Want to know the best news? All of the products from the Painted Harvest Suite will be available to order this Friday when the Holiday Catalogue goes live! I know you're going to want to put this suite right at the top of your Wish List.


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty suite and you showcase it beautifully. I love your sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! This suite is absolutely fantastic! I am having such fun creating with it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...