Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thinking of Pumpkins

Well, this week certainly is flying by! It seems that the closer we get to the first day of school, the faster time goes. I need it to slow down...I still have SOOOOO much to do! One of the things on my To-Do List is prepping for my Stampin' Bingo Holiday Catalogue Launch. It's happening one week from tonight and will be so much fun! Today I have one of the make-n-takes we'll be doing that evening to show you...


This one showcases the fabulous Painted Autumn DSP and I absolutely love it! The card base on this one is a 4-1/4" square, but the focal image extends from the upper edge, making it 5-1/2" tall. I love this creative layout CASE'd from Janet Wakeland. I used three different patterns from the DSP pack. The pumpkins are actually fussy-cut from one of the sheets...love it!

The only stamping is the sentiment, which is from the Count My Blessings stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso ink. I love stamping directly onto DSP, as it adds instant texture and colour to the stamped image. I die-cut the sentiment using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered it on a scalloped oval cut from Crumb Cake card stock using the Layering Ovals framelits. Behind the ovals I added a little hint of a metallic foil snowflake, but turned it over so the vanilla coloured back side was showing. I added a little swirly die-cut, which I think looks like pumpkin vines, as an accent. It was cut from copper foil using the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits. The curly twine I used is actually some of the new Jute Twine which I separated into three thinner strands. I love the added texture it gives.


I didn't take a photo of the inside because I kept it very plain, just adding a Very Vanilla panel on which to write and another fussy-cut pumpkin. Sometimes simpler is good ;)

If you haven't yet registered for my bingo event it's not too late. Visit my Events page HERE and then click RSVP to reserve your seat. It's going to a be a great night because not only will you get your hands on brand new Holiday Catalogue products, but you'll also see loads of holiday project ideas and product samples on display. This is one event you don't want to miss!

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Jute Twine
[144625]
$7.25

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love those pumpkins and the peek of the snowflake under the oval. I know your ladies will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan...one of my favourite things about fall is all the pumpkins, so this DSP made me a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...