Monday, March 5, 2018

Ready for summer?

I don't know about you, but I am SO done with winter! I am dreaming of lazy summer days and warm summer evenings. Today's project will definitely get you thinking of summer and cool treats on hot days. Check it out...


I began with a piece of the striped pattern Springtime Foils Sale-a-bration DSP. I used Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends to colour the stripes. As soon as I had done that I knew I had to pull out the Cool Treats stamp set and coordinating Frozen Treats framelits. I stamped the popsicles using Lemon Lime Twist and Rich Razzleberry ink and the ice cream in Calypso Coral. I used the dies to cut them out and then applied some Fine Tip Glue to the popsicles to make them glossy. Once that was dry I added a few clear epoxy shapes to make them look like they were melting. Here's a closer look:


 To stamp the sentiment I inked it first with Pink Pirouette ink, then, using a sponge dauber, I added Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry. I love the ombre effect that achieves. I used the Stitched Shapes framelits to die cut the sentiment and layered it on a delicate white doily.

On the inside I added a Whisper White card stock panel over the Peekaboo Peach card base and stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral.

Now, doesn't that just make you want to run to the nearest ice cream truck? I can hear the music now...


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...