Monday, September 17, 2018

An Elite Golden Weekend

Happy Monday! Isn't this month just flying by? I can't believe we're already into the third week of the school year! This has been such a busy couple of weeks with our reno finishing up, carpet installation done and the grand reopening of my studio this past weekend! I am SOOOO happy to be back to holding classes in my newly renovated and expanded space! Also, this past Friday, I had HUGE news when I learned that I have promoted to the title Gold Elite. This is my second promotion this year and a level I never, ever dreamed I'd reach. I am so very grateful for my wonderful team and stamping friends. It has been quite a year for me!
Today I want to share a golden card inspired by the inimitable Mary Fish...


I used several items from the new Holiday Catalogue on this card...can you spot them all?

I began with one of the gold foil edged cards as my base. I then embossed a Whisper White card stock panel using the Softly Falling TIEF. The tree is actually two die-cuts from the In the Woods framelits that I layered on top of each other.  The deer are from the Dashing Deer stamp set, heat embossed in gold, and die-cut using the Detailed Deer thinlits.


The sentiment is from the Winter Woods stamp set and is also heat embossed in gold. I used the Everyday Label punch to punch it out and then popped it up with dimensionals. The only embellishments are some gold metallic pearl ornaments on the tree and a bit of gold metallic thread behind the sentiment.


On the inside I added a sentiment from the Dashing Deer set and a little pinecone from Winter Woods. Both are stamped in Soft Suede ink.

I have to say, these foil edged cards make creating elegant cards a breeze! Be sure to check them out on page 11 of the catalogue.

That's it from me for now. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your promotion and good for you! Your studio redo sounds wonderful and I hope you can post pictures to inspire us. This is a beautiful, elegant card with that layered tree and gold elements.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...