Monday, September 24, 2018

Warm and Cozy For Christmas

Happy last Monday of September! I have to say I am thrilled that the cooler fall weather has arrived and the leaves are starting to change. I love summer, but the heat in my classroom is something I can do without! Bring on sweater weather!

Speaking of cozy clothing, check out this card I designed using several products from the new catalogue...


Doesn't this just make you want to crawl into your favourite flannel PJ's and sip hot chocolate next to a crackling fire?? I can't wait for the first fire of the season...it is always the best!

To create this card, I inked up my Buffalo Check background stamp for the first time. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Real Red card stock. The card stock is 3" x5-1/4". I stamped the image using the Stamparatus, which allowed my to stamp twice, reinking in between, to get a nice bold check image. I had tons of scrap pieces of that wood patterned DSP laying around and this was the perfect opportunity to use some of it. I cut it into a 1"x 5-1/4" strip and adhered it, along with the stamped Buffalo check card stock to a Crumb Cake card stock base.

The die-cut sentiment is cut from Mossy Meadow card stock using the Merry Christmas Thinlits. I used the coordinating Merry Christmas to All stamp set to stamp the rest of the greeting in black ink on Very Vanilla card stock. The pine boughs were die-cut from Old Olive card stock using the Christmas Staircase Framelits. I added a True Gentleman button and some Mossy Meadow cotton twine to complete the flannel-shirt vibe.

On the inside I added a panel of Very Vanilla card stock on which I stamped a sentiment from the Timeless Tidings stamp set in black ink and some pine boughs and berries from the Mistletoe Season stamp set using Mossy Meadow and Real Red ink respectively.

We'll be making this at my Early Bird Christmas Card Buffet this Friday evening. If you're local to Cambridge and would like to join us, let me know and I will save you a seat!

Have a great week :)


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...