Monday, September 30, 2019

Beauty and Joy for Fall

Happy Monday! I hope you had a super weekend. Can you believe it is the last day of September?? Where has the month gone? Here in Southern Ontario we are definitely starting to look like Fall. The leaves are beginning their annual fireworks display and the nights are getting chillier. Soon it will be time for cozy sweaters and hot chocolate by the fire...I can't wait!

Today I have a decidedly Fall-themed card for you featuring and easily overlooked stamp set from the Holiday Catalogue called Beauty and Joy. Check it out:

This is another gorgeous set in Stampin' Up!s exclusive DistINKtive line and it is fast-becoming a favourite! So many pretty possibilities with this set! Check out this pretty thank you card...


Don't you just LOVE those pretty fall leaves? And the shading in those stamp images is all with just one layer of ink...how fabulous is that?? I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp the basket, Early Espresso for the trunk and Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler for the leaves and berries. To create the two-toned leaves, I first inked the stamp with Crushed Curry ink and then dabbed on Cherry Cobbler using a sponge dauber here and there. The result is stunning! Here's a closer look...


Know whats REALLY cool? The colour that results from mixed Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler is very close to Cajun Craze! So, I used gingham DSP in Cajun Craze for my background and a bit of Cajun Craze linen thread as an accent. I love happy accidents like this! The yellow leaf accent was die-cut from Crushed Curry card stock using the Gathered Leaves dies. The background panel is embossed using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.


I loved the look of the colourful leaves so much I stamped more inside the card. Doesn't that just make you want to jump in a pile of fall leaves??

I will be demonstrating this card and two others using the Beauty and Joy stamp set in tomorrow's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page at 5:00 pm ET. I hope you'll join me for the live broadcast, but if you aren't able to you can catch the replay on my YouTube channel or on the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page later in the week. Just search for the video with today's date.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful first week of October!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...