Monday, November 25, 2019

Perfectly Plaid

Happy Monday! Did you miss me last week? I've been down and out with a nasty sinus cold and am just now getting back to normal. So much has happened since my last post! The day before I got sick, I attended Stampin' Up!'s OnStage event in Toronto...in fact, I didn't just attend, I spoke at it! I did a business presentation in front of 600+ people and lived to tell the tale! Right before I went on stage I literally thought I was going to faint...and then suddenly I was on the stage and the teacher in me took over. I got started and it was like I do this everyday...well, I kind of do...but not for 600 people! My class of 25 is more my style. ;) Here's a pic someone snapped of me during my presentation...


I really had such a great time and so enjoyed sharing my business tips with other demonstrators.

The night before I was able to attend CentreStage, as special evening for demonstrators who hold the title Silver Elite or higher. It was so much fun to attend with some wonderful friends from my team...


Of course, the best part of any Stampin' Up! event is the people I get to share it with. Several members of my Stamping Symphony team were able to make the trip to Toronto for the day on Saturday. I loved having so many of them there! (Check out the newest members of the Stamping Symphony...coming soon to a Sale-a-bration brochure near you!)


Now, how about a project? This week I am all about the Perfectly Plaid bundle from the Holiday Catalogue...


This has been one of my most-used bundles this season. I have A TON of projects to share with you this week, so be sure to follow me on Instagram and/or like my Facebook page so you don't miss a single one! Here is today's project...


I used the Gold Glitz Delicata metallic ink to stamp my trees and sentiment. That ink is FANTASTIC! So much so that it is already sold out :( I hope you were able to snag some before it went away. It is a great alternative to heat embossing for those who don't have the tools to do so, or who, like me, are in a hurry sometimes ;) Here's a closer look...


The DSP I used is from the Wrapped in Plaid Specialty DSP pack. I am SO addicted to that stuff! I'm not kidding when I say I have gone through at least 8 packs this season! I drew my color palette from the DSP, using Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce and Night of Navy card stock for my trees.  The gems are from the Holiday Rhinestones...I love that they all coordinate perfectly!

The Whisper White background panel is embossed using the Subtle embossing folder, thought it doesn't show up especially well in the photos. I used the Hammered Metal embossing folder for the gold foil circle behind the trees...so pretty!


I kept the inside really simple, just adding a Whisper White panel with a stamped sentiment from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set.

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others in this week's Live @ Five video over on Facebook. I hope you'll join me, but if you miss the live broadcast you can always catch the replay on my YouTube channel or the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page later in the week.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a spectacular week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...