Monday, December 9, 2019

The Season of Giving

Happy Monday! The Christmas season is in full swing around here! The holiday parties have begun and yesterday I held my Stamping Symphony team Christmas party at a favourite local restaurant, The Old Marina. While many of our group weren't able to join us due to distance or other holiday commitments, those who were able to come enjoyed good food, and good company as we toasted the Christmas season. I seriously love spending time with these special women who have enriched my life in so many ways!


We had such a great afternoon and even exchanged handmade gifts. So. Much. Fun!

Speaking of gifts, I thought it might be appropriate to feature some gift ideas in this week's Live @ Five video. As the holidays draw nearer, we'll all be needing neighbour gifts, teacher gifts, treats for service providers and more, so I have some quick and cute ideas to share with you this week. The first is this adorable gift box made with products from the Wrapped in Plaid Suite...


I used the gold mini pizza boxes as my foundation. They are super-quick and easy to assemble AND look UH-MAZING! I die-cut the largest circle from the Stitched Circles dies from Cherry Cobbler card stock and embossed it using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. I layered it on a scalloped circle in Shaded Spruce and then adhered it to my box.


The sentiment is from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and is stamped in Shaded Spruce ink. To create my 3-D tree, I punched 5 trees using the Pine Tree punch from Wrapped in Plaid DSP. Now the trick here is to punch three trees from the front side of the paper and then flip it over and punch two more from the back. This is necessary because the punched tree isn't symmetrical, so in order to match up the punched trees when gluing them together, one must alternate them. If that sounds confusing, be sure to watch my Live @ Five video tomorrow when I'll be demonstrating exactly how to make one of these boxes. If you miss the live broadcast, the replay will be posted on my YouTube channel later tomorrow evening.


Those teen-tiny snowflakes are from the Snowflake Sequins...they are so adorable! These little boxes are super-quick and easy to make...I should know...I made 20 of them in an afternoon for gift for some special people.

Thanks for stopping by today...I hope you have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and/or Instagram for news about a 24-hour Flash Sale happening this week! I don't have all of the details yet, but once I do I will post on social media...don't miss it!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...