Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Celebration Tidings

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a good weekend and that your week is off to a great start. Things here are hectic, as usual, as I try to balance the demands of teaching in a pandemic and my Stampin' Up! business. Some days there just aren't enough hours...thank goodness for a very understanding family who pick up the slack on household chores when I'm too busy!

Last weekend I had a chance to play with the Celebration Tidings bundle and had great fun designing cards and treat packaging. The great thing about this bundle is that it includes images and sentiments for all of the fall holidays, making it super-versatile. Check out the bundle below...


Here is a shaker card and coordinating treat holder I made using the bundle and the Plaid Tidings DSP from the same suite...


halloween treat holder


The treat holder uses two different-sized labels from the Celebration Labels dies. I embossed the larger, Basic Black label using the Cobwebs embossing folder and then cut slits using a craft knife that allowed me to slide a treat-sized chocolate bar between them. The smaller label is cut from Plaid Tidings DSP and is adhere to the front of the larger label to conceal the hidden treat. I added a full moon punched from Mango Melody card stock using the 2" circle punch and some little black glittery bats I die-cut using the Halloween Magic Dies. The sentiment is from the Celebration Tidings stamp set and is stamped in Memento black ink on a die-cut stitched rectangle. I added a little silver foil spider web, cut with the Peek-a-Hoot dies, and a little stamped and die-cut spider. Such a fun way to package a simple Halloween treat!


Halloween treat holder

halloween treat holder

As much as I love the treat holder, I think I love the shaker card more! Who wouldn't love to receive this fun card filled with glittery black bats and colourful sequins? I used the Celebration Labels dies to cut my window and lined the back of the shaker with more of the same pattern of Plaid Tidings DSP. The sentiment is the same one I used on the treat holder, but this time I layered it on a strip of Mango Melody card stock before adding  more little stamped and die-cut spiders. My favourite part of this card is that gorgeous metallic mesh ribbon...I love the sparkle it adds...just like a spider web!

halloween treat holder

Here is the video in which I demonstrate these projects. Included in the video description on my YouTube channel are all of the measurements for both projects:




Thanks so much for stopping by this week. I hope you have a spectacular day!

Halloween shaker card


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...