Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Hallows Night Magic

 Happy...um...Wednesday? I know, I'm a day late posting this week. I don't know about you, but lately it just feels like there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. This past weekend was our Thanksgiving here in Canada, but I spent it in my studio prepping for my upcoming virtual retreat. I did manage to cook turkey dinner for my family, but beyond that, I didn't really come up for air. Sometimes having two jobs is HARD! Now that the retreat prep is (mostly) done, I can refocus on projects for this week's live video which is all about HALLOWEEN! 

I'm featuring the Hallows Night Magic bundle this week and will showcase some fun cards and treat holders all week long. I'm not normally one to send Halloween cards, but given that things will look very different this year, I am planning to send several more than usual. Check this out...

diy halloween card

I have often said I am not one who usually buys Halloween-specific products from our catalogues, but this year's suite is soooo PRETTY I couldn't resist. I am not a fan of scary or gory Halloween products, but these pretty bats and beautiful papers are something I can get VERY excited about! 

I used several patterns from the Magic in This Night DSP pack on this card. There are just soooo many pretty patterns to choose from in this set, I couldn't use just one. Bonus: this pack is part of this month's DSP sale...get it at 15% off until the end of October!

diy halloween card

To create a sort of spider web effect, I layered some Metallic Mesh ribbon over a strip of black DSP to go behind my sentiment label...I love the effect of this! The sentiment label itself is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured using Stampin' Blends in Light Cajun Craze and Light Pretty Peacock. Soooo pretty! The bats are stamped in black ink on Pretty Peacock card stock and then die-cut using the Halloween Magic dies. 

diy halloween card

On the inside of the Basic Black card base, I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Hallows Night Magic stamp set as well as a partial image from the sentiment label I used on the front of the card. I added a little spider from the Hallows night Magic as a little accent next to the sentiment. 

I also designed a fun coordinating Pocket-Bac holder to give along with it...because we ALL need more hand sanitizer in our lives these days, right? The larger label die in the Halloween Magic Dies is the perfect backdrop for  a full moon and more pretty bats. And how about that vellum spider? Don't you love the pretty iridescent pearls for his body? Bling like that makes even creepy spiders look pretty!

Pocket Bac Holder

The Magic in This Night product suite strikes the perfect balance between traditional Halloween imagery and beautifully intricate patterns with a fresh colour palette of Cajun Crazy, Pretty Peacock, Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black. It has so much to offer, even for those of us who aren't huge Halloween fans. You can see more of this suite, including both of these projects,  in my video below. All of the measurements for both projects are included in the video description on my YouTube channel:




Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous week!

diy Halloween card

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...