Thursday, July 1, 2021

A Summer Fun Blog Hop with Creating Kindness

 


Happy Canada Day and happy summer! Today is not only a national holiday here in Canada, it is also the official start of my summer holidays! Wahoo!!!

To celebrate I am participating as a guest designer in the Creating Kindness (Around the World) Blog Hop! As a guest designer I got to choose this month's theme, so it was only fitting that I chose "Summer Fun" in honour of the end of a school year like no other and the start of a MUCH needed summer break.

One of my very favourite summer treats is ice cream and gelato. My fun fold card is inspired by the to-DIE-for gelato we had while on the Stampin' Up! incentive trip in Italy in 2019 (remember, back when we could travel safely?). There is nothing quite like enjoying yummy gelato on a hot summer night in Rome! Check out my project...





How fun is that?? This colour palette almost makes my mouth water! I used So Saffron, Mint Macaron and Fresh Freesia for the ice cream scoops, with Cinnamon Cider for the cone. The stamp set is called Sweet Ice Cream and has tons of fabulous images and sentiments in fun fonts. All of the links to the Stampin' Up!® products I used are at the bottom of this post.

Now, before you comment asking me the name of this fun fold...I actually have NO idea! If you have seen this fold before and know what it is called please comment below so I know what to call it! All I do know is that it is SUPER easy and can be varied in a ton of different ways. The best part is that when folded flat, this card fits in a standard envelope for mailing. 


I used two patterns of Designer Paper from the Hand Penned pack (which is ON SALE all month long!) and some of the 2021-2023 In-Color pack. The sentiment label is die-cut using the Potted Succulents dies. I embellished using some white baker's twine and some clear epoxy droplets. Check out how they take on the colour of the stamped ice cream image...


On the inside of the card I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped another sentiment and some sprinkles. I love a fun fold card that still allows space to handwrite a message. 


Check out my video tutorial for this card below. All of the measurements are in the video description...



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Now be sure to hop on to Cheryl Miller's blog...


Blog Hop Participants

  1. Leena Girsa - Special Guest Designer - Canada
  2. Cheryl Miller - Australia
  3. Jay Soriano - UK
  4. Charlet Mallett - USA
  5. Marcy Denning - Canada
  6. Liz Yuille - UK

Have a fabulous week...and enjoy some frozen treats if you get the chance!




Product List

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Leena! Even though it is winter in my part of the world, you have made me crave icecream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream is just fine any time of year, in my world, Cheryll! Go ahead and indulge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a summer fun card with the fancy fold ice cream Leena. Thanks so much for joining the Creating Kindness blog hop this month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...