Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Sweet Symmetry Fun Fold

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you are enjoying the summer so far. Here in southern Ontario we are under and air quality advisory due to smoke from forest fires up north. The sun was red this morning and there is a definite haze in the air. Here's hoping the fires are brought under control soon and that the rain we are supposed to get this afternoon will clear the air so we can all breathe easier!

This week I am all about the Sweet Symmetry suite from the Annual Catalogue. Now, I'll admit, that this wasn't one of the suites I immediately gravitated to, but oh my goodness, it sure has my attention now! The Designer Paper is absolutely GORGEOUS! Check out this fun fold I made that is all about the DSP...



fun fold card

The first thing that REALLY excited me about this modified gate-fold card is the fact that the pattern on the DSP lined up PERFECTLY when I created the card base. I mean seriously, how often does that happen?? The base uses a 5-1/4" x 12" piece of Designer Paper and shows both sides of the sheet, which makes it a great way to showcase this beautiful paper. I adhered the folded DSP base to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Just Jade card stock to give it strength and stability. Then I started stamped and fussy cutting the beautiful images in the In Symmetry stamp set. I pulled my colour palette from the DSP, using Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, Just Jade and Night of Navy. I love the bold images in this stamp set and that they are super-easy to fussy cut! I adhered the images to the front of my card in such a way that they overlap when the card is closed but also look cute when the card is open...

fun fold card

On the inside of the card I added a die-cut stitched rectangle so as not to cover up too much of the beautiful pattern on the DSP. I absolutely LOVE that this fold really allows both of the patterns on the paper to really take centre stage. Speaking of the DSP...did I mention that it is part of the sale this month? Stock up so you can make this fabulous fold in ALL of the patterns!

fun fold card

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using this suite in today's Facebook Live at a special time of 7:00 pm ET. I hope you'll join me if you're able or catch the replay shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by this week. Have a great one!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...