Sunday, November 27, 2011

CASE-ing myself!

I have another monthly club meeting tomorrow and as I sat down to prep for it I was fresh out of MOJO!  So, I began looking through my collection of samples from past classes.  I found this card and got busy changing it up to use for my class.  Since I had some leftovers from the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' kits I used for my Mini Album class this afternoon, I used some of the DSP to makover my original design.  Here is what I came up with:

Holiday card using DSP from Christmas Lane Simply Scrapping Kit and Pennant Parade stamp set

Detail of 3D tree.

Inside detail.  Sentiments are from the Many Merry Messages set (which is on for 50% off till the 30th!!)
I have to say that I like my CASE'd version better than the original one!  I kept many of the same elements but added the 3D tree and the little jingle bell to the front.  I also popped up and framed the sentiment on the inside.  The colour scheme is based on the DSP:  cherry cobbler, early espresso and lucky limeade.  I like the freshness of these colours together.  I hope my club members like it too!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when your work is CASE-worthy to yourself?
    Wonderful card Leena!
    Love that Christmas Lane Scrappin' Kit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...