Thursday, November 10, 2011

Faux Tile Pines and Poinsettias

Tonight my Stamps-a-Latte group meets and we're going to learn two techniques.  I already posted about one here.  The second one is not exactly new, but it sure is a whole lot easier with the launch of the new Simply Scored. 
Holiday card using the Pines and Poinsettias set with sentiment from Contempo Christmas


Faux tile has been around for ages, but I rarely used it because I had a hard time getting my score lines exactly even.  No more.  It is SO easy with the Simply Scored!  I plan to use this technique a whole lot more now.  I love the vintage look it adds to this card.  Another simple, yet often neglected technique this card uses is crimping.  I added dimension and texture to the patterned eyelet border by running it through my crimper.  A fast and easy way to add visual interest to any project.  Another layer of interest is the lightly stamped and sponged card base.  I'm not sure it shows in the photo, but I lightly stamped the scroll image from the Pines and Poinsettias set all over the card base in crumb cake ink, stamped off once.  I then sponged the edges to distress it ever-so-slightly to provide a suitable background for the vintage look I was going for. 
Once again, I am amazed at how much this whole suite has grown on me in the months since I first laid eyes on it at convention.  It just goes to show you that there is not substitute for hands-on experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...