Monday, September 10, 2012

The Cure for a Missing Mojo...

...CASE something!  Yesterday I told you about my creative drought and how frustrating it is when you have work to do but can't design anything that looks even half-way decent.  So I let someone else do my designing for me!  Today's project was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  It was a repin so I'm not sure who the original designer was, but  it sure did help me get over my mojo-less-ness!  Check it out:

Thinking of You card featuring the French Foliage and En Francais stamp sets with sentiment from Sweet Essentials.
This is one of the cards I am doing at my techniques class this month.  It uses the Triple Time technique.  I chose one of my favourite Fall stamp sets (French Foliage) and one of my new favourite sentiment sets (Sweet Essentials).  My colour inspiration was the Orchard Harvest DSP, though I didn't actually use any of it here.  I just love that paper and the rich Fall hues it contains and decided to incorporate them into this design.  The colours I used were:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Island Indigo.  I quite like the hit of blue amid the otherwise warm earthy tones.  It really makes the focal panel stand out from the background. 
It's amazing what making a single decent card can do to get the ol' Mojo working again.  I have a few projects to show you this week that came about after CASE'ing this project!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely RAWKED this one Leena!!
    Gotta try this!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Really like the looks of the fall colors.
    Would you mind listing the measurements of your card? Thank U
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...