Monday, May 4, 2015

Did you miss me??

Happy Monday!  Long time, no post, huh?  Last week was a bit of a whirlwind with a trip out of town that involved four flights in two days, including one trans-continental red-eye.  I was just a little bit exhausted by the time Friday evening rolled around!  Thank goodness for weekends and time to recouperate!  I've almost figured out what time zone I'm in :)
Today I have another take on this week's sketch from Sunday Stamps.  Last week I showed you a couple of relatively predictable takes on it, but this one is a bit of a stretch.  First of all, here is the sketch:




...and here is my upside-down take on it:

Any-occasion card featuring the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the Dictionary background stamp.
Do you see what I did there?  I flipped the sketch upside down and used the ferns to replace the banners.  Kinda different, huh?  I love playing with sketches to create something different!
I used the Dictionary background stamp on a piece of Whisper White card stock with Sahara Sand ink.  I masked off the bottom section with a post-it note before I started stamping so that it would remain pristine white.  Then I stamped images from the Butterfly Basics stamp set:  the ferns in Mossy Meadow ink and the little flowers in Blackberry Bliss ink.  I added a couple of butterflies in Lost Lagoon, as well as the postmark image in Soft Suede and the honeycomb in metallic gold.  I sponged the whole thing lightly with Sahara Sand ink to soften the images and take the brightness out of the white card stock.

The butterflies are die-cut using the Butterflies Thinlits.  I used Hello Honey card stock for the smaller one and gold foil for the larger.  I layered them with glue dots and then added a little button in Blackberry Bliss and some thick Baker's Twine in Hello Honey.  Because the twine was too thick to fit through the holes of the button, I separated the strands...I kind of like the look!  The final touch was some Hello Honey stitched satin ribbon before adhering the card front to a Blackberry Bliss card base.

On the inside I stamped the ferns again in Mossy Meadow, added some flowers in Blackberry Bliss ink and the honeycomb in metallic gold.  If you haven't yet give this sketch a try, there is still time!  The challenge doesn't close until Friday, so get busy and give it a go.  Then be sure to link up over at Sunday Stamps!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...