Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sketch Challenge Take Two!

Last Sunday a new sketch challenge posted at Sunday Stamps.  I posted my project for the Design Team on Sunday, but I promised you another take on it.  Here it is...

Birthday card featuring the Celebrate Today stamp set and coordinating Balloon Framelits
For this card I once again used the new Cherry on Top DSP pack (available June 2nd in the new 2015/16 Annual Catalogue) as my starting point.  I chose two different patterns to use and then chose my colour pallette from there.  I used Cucumber Crush to mat the pennant-patterned element and Watermelon Wonder for the horizontal banner.  The card base is Bermuda Bay.  I used the Balloon Framelits to die-cut the balloon, which I stamped using the Celebrate Today stamp set and Bermuda Bay ink.

The horizontal pennant is embossed using the new Boho Chic TIEF and the background panel is embossed using the Large Polka Dot TIEF.  The only embellishments here were a bit of Crushed Curry baker's twine for the string of the balloon and some Bermuda Bay sequin trim for a little bling.

On the inside I stamped the pennant image from the Celebrate Today stamp set using Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder inks.  The sentiment, also from the Celebrate Today set, is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's creative ideas and then give it a go yourself...we'd love to see your creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...