Monday, January 13, 2020

Tropical Oasis Dreaming

Happy Monday! I don't know about you, but I am SO done with winter! We had a nasty storm here this weekend that included everything but the kitchen sink...rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and snow...oh and crazy wind! Ugh...I could sure do with a couple of weeks of sun, sand and surf! I spent the weekend distracting myself with the gorgeous Tropical Oasis suite from the new mini catalogue. Although it wasn't quite the same as a trip to the beach, it sure did help to chase away the winter blahs. Check out the beautiful products included in the suite...


I love this suite sooo much! Maybe it is because my hubby and I will be heading to Maui this summer on the Stampin' Up! incentive trip, but I just can't get enough of these beautiful tropical images and lush colours. Check out today's project...


For the background panel, I used some of the Sale-a-bration Lily Impression Designer Paper...that stuff is simply stunning and works perfectly with the Tropical Oasis Designer Paper I used for the foreground. The best thing about the Lily Impressions paper is that is is FREE! Now, that's something to get excited about! I actually used another free item from Sale-a-bration...can you spot it?
If you said the baker's twine, you're right! It works perfectly with this suite also!


The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a Whisper White label cut using the new Stitched So Sweetly dies...those are fast becoming a new favourite! I stamped the larger flowers in Lovely Lipstick ink on Petal Pink card stock and then used my Wink of Stella to blend the ink slightly. I LOVE the look and it is soooo shimmery! The centres of the flowers are little flower sequins from the Peaceful Poppies suite. The leaves are die-cut using the In the Tropics dies from scraps of the same Lily Impressions paper I used for the background panel. The small flowers are die-cut from So Saffron card stock and sponged lightly with Lovely Lipstick ink.


I kept the inside clean, simple and sentiment-free, so that I could add an appropriate sentiment later. I simply stamped some more flowers in Lovely Lipstick ink on the Whisper White card base.

I will be demonstrating this card and two others in this week's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page. You can catch my live or find the replay on my YouTube channel later in the week. There is also a link in the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to come by again on Wednesday for our monthly Stamping Symphony blog hop, when I'll be announcing my newest online class. Soooo excited about this one!

Have a super week!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...